成長心態十大必知 10 Must-Knows for a Growth Mindset
每一個人完成探索目標的時間當然不同，過程中我們的目標也會不停的變動，甚至許多人可能一輩子也未必能覺察自己的人生目標。然而透過一個彈性的成長心態 (a flexible growth mindset)和他人指導，我們可以更有效率輔助自己建立和完成目標。
以下是我透過自身經驗，並參考近代教育理論與心理學，幫同學寫的「成長心態的10個必知 / 10 Must Knows」，以便更進一步的探討如何建立和達成自己的目標:
1. Know what you want in life. While short-term goals may be ever-changing, you can start by having an overall sense of purpose or change that you want to make. For me, it was initially to have financial stability but eventually transformed to contributing to educational leadership. Having an overall purpose can help you align your short-term objectives with long-term goals, making accomplishing them far more efficient and motivating.
2. Know that you have the capability to solve problems and make changes in your life. While we all have different problems, and there is no guarantee we can resolve all issues, working towards a positive change will benefit you regardless of the outcome. You must know that you have the capability to change.
3. Know that you can develop the skills and abilities you need to make changes through consistent effort and the development of your unique strengths. Everyone is talented in different ways but persistence is what develops talents into invaluable skills you can use to empower yourself and achieve your goals. We do not all need to be as talented as Olympic athletes to achieve the success we need in life.
4. Know that consistently meeting small and realistic objectives that align with your bigger goals and purpose is the most efficient way to achievement. Do not try to accomplish too many things at once or you might not accomplish anything at all in the end. Set realistic goals that you can adjust and achieve a step at a time.
5. Know that achieving your goals takes time and consistent effort. You must make plans and keep schedules to keep yourself from procrastinating. Do not think you can reach your end goal in a week and then be disappointed by your failure. Taking a small step each day will enable you to make great strides in life. You must also prioritize which objectives to meet first and have a plan for doing so. Consult your mentors, parents, and peers, have a discussion, and come up with your own plan.
6. Know that you may fail along the way, but every failure can bring you closer to achievement. However, know that failing only brings growth when you self-reflect and make changes. Do not just keep repeating mistakes.
7. Know that role models, mentors, and teachers can take you to the next level. Actively seek out your role models and mentors and learn from your competitors. Actively seek talented and experienced individuals out to guide you and work to earn their trust and guidance. Do not expect everyone to come to you and help you for no reason. Why should they?
8. Know that collaboration will enable you accomplish success on a much larger scale. Every successful person has a team or a partner behind them. There is only so much you can learn and do on your own, and you must work with talented and trustworthy people from every domain.
9. Know that opportunities are created, not given. By actively seeking, learning， planning， and pursuing ways to accomplish your goals, you are creating new opportunities every day. Listen to advice but do not be limited by boundaries set by others. Take calculated risks and walk your own unique path.
10. Know that helping others helps yourself. When we aid those less disadvantaged, we are building a more inclusive, equitable, and prosperous community. Such a supportive community leads to the exchange of diverse ideas, collaboration, innovation and positive changes, all of which will help yourself. Medical studies have also revealed that helping others enhances our own emotional-well beings. By helping others, you are helping yourself.
Educational Equity (教育公平): http://bit.ly/2NvyQR3
Motivation to Learn 學習的動力: http://bit.ly/2RjscPb
How to Set & Achieve Goals 如何制定短期目標: http://bit.ly/2Rdi0aU
喜歡我這一系列的文章, 也麻煩在臉書按個讚留言「 I want to have a growth mindset!」越多分享我就越有motivation寫下一篇文章: https://www.facebook.com/ericsenglishlounge